Smallwood is looking for a Hospitality Interior Designer to join our Atlanta Studio. We are an award-winning, full-service design firm that specializes in the luxury hospitality market worldwide. Because of a growing industry and quality project backlog, Smallwood is seeking an experienced Mid-Level Hospitality Interior Designer.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, major in Interior Design
Experience: 4+ Years in Interior Design
2+ Years Hospitality Interior Design / Luxury Hospitality Experience (Preferred)
License: NCIDQ or LEED, or actively seeking certification (Preferred)
- Positive attitude with skills and temperament to work on a team, as a team member, or as a team leader.
- Will be responsible for understanding and interpreting the goals of the project into an appropriate design and understanding the project scope, schedule, and budget, and operating within these parameters.
- Willing to travel.
- Will attend scheduled presentations when necessary (out of town) to communicate design intent to the Client and Design Team.
- Familiar with hospitality-related ADA compliance and building codes.
- Knowledgeable about contractual responsibilities as it relates to scope of the design work.
- Work with Design Director and Client to develop schematic design based on project criteria, program and budget.
- Helps Design Director maintain continuity of design intent through construction documentation.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment and color coordination.
- Assists in coordination of design documents with work of consultants and architects.
- Review sample, strike-offs, etc. for compliance with specifications and design intent.
- Directs and reviews design documents for content and accuracy and insures that they fully coordinated with architectural, electrical, RCP and lighting plans and other consultants' drawings.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD / Revit.
- Develops schematic design from established project program and client needs.
- Translates schematic design into design development drawings for use by production staff.
Submit resume and work samples to: https://www.smallwood-us.com/careers