Smallwood is a 42-year-old internationally established design firm that provides innovative professional services for corporate, commercial, hospitality, multifamily, industrial, government and educational projects. The many longstanding relationships we have developed with our clients reflect our ongoing commitment to quality design and responsive service.
Smallwood is seeking a Senior Architectural Designer with 10 – 15 years’ experience to join our Atlanta office. As a Senior Designer, you will work with the project Principal to originate and develop overall design concepts, formulate design presentation strategies, and provide creative process leadership to multiple design teams through all phases of projects. You will communicate design concepts through presentations to clients, stakeholders, and state/ local authorities. Candidates should have exceptional design and communication skills, a proven track record of leading architectural projects, enjoy mentoring architectural design teams and working with senior leaders on business development.
- Originate designs and plan complex architectural projects of varying types
- Lead multiple project design teams and mentor younger staff
- Manage client relationships and team communication
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Lead design meetings and presentations with clients and stakeholders
- Prepare presentations, renderings, and other materials to elegantly convey design ideas
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Assist with the processing of submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the Zoning Review and Planning phases of the project
- Actively engage in business development.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and build relationships with new clients.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Architecture, or related field.
- Registration preferred
- 10+ years’ experience with an architectural firm, with a strong background designing multiple building typologies of varying scale
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Proven ability to lead and direct design teams and projects
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the firm, with clients, and with other key constituents