Smallwood is seeking a talented Landscape Architect / Designer with 5-10 years’ experience to lend their design expertise in building our urban design and landscape architectural practice through direct leadership on projects in the Commercial, Multifamily, Hospitality, and Institutional sectors. The successful candidate will embody strong conceptual design abilities, excellent communication skills, and teamwork skills. Initiative, drive, an entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to focus on evolving conditions are keys to success.
- Contribute to and lead in the development of urban design and landscape architectural concepts
- Produce rapid visualization of concepts that can be transformed into built works; and provide expertise in executing projects with team members, clients, and contractors.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a multi-disciplinary firm.
- Proven skills in all phases of design.
- Excellent verbal and graphic communication skills.
- Hand rendering, sketching capabilities, and other graphic visualization skills.
- Ability to be decisive and think strategically with minimal direction.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple deadlines.
- Proven knowledge of 3D modeling with Sketchup or similar conceptual modeling and rendering programs.